- Ph.D. in Economics, Washington State University (WSU), Dec 2018
- M.Sc. in Economics, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong, Nov 2011
- B.B.A. in Global Business and Economics, HKUST, Hong Kong, Nov 2007
- Exchange student, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, Spring 2006
- Environmental Economics, Industrial Organization
- Applied Microeconomics, Public Economics
- Microeconomics, Industrial Organization
- Strategy and Game Theory, Environmental Economics
Refereed Journal Articles
- “Conservation Procurement Auctions with Bidirectional Externalities.” Pak-Sing Choi, Ana Espínola-Arredondo, and Félix Muñoz-García. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, vol. 92, 2018, pp. 559 – 579, doi:10.1016/j.jeem.2017.08.009
Manuscripts under Review
- Optimal Monitoring in Procurement Auctions. Pak-Sing Choi. Under review at the Journal of Economics and Management Strategy.
- “Is More, Better? An Analysis of Multiple Evidence-based Treatment Interventions on Recidivism.” Pak-Sing Choi, Kuan-Ju Chen, Ming-Li Hsieh, Zachary Hamilton, and Michael Campagna. Under review at Criminal Justice and Behavior.
- Mergers between Green and Brown Firms. Pak-Sing Choi, Félix Muñoz-García, and Ana Espínola-Arredondo. Job Market Paper.
Work In Progress
- “Do Dangerous Groups Need More Treatments?” Pak-Sing Choi, Kuan-Ju Chen, Ming-Li Hsieh, Zachary Hamilton, and Michael Campagna.
- “Mergers in Stackelberg Markets with Environmental Externality and Product Differentiation.” Pak-Sing Choi.
- “Agricultural Export Gateways: Transportation Infrastructure Investment Modeling.” Eric Jessup, Austin Miller, and Pak-Sing Choi.
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory: Tools and Step-by-Step Examples. Ana Espínola-Arredondo and Félix Muñoz-García, The MIT Press, Spring 2020 (expected).
- Advanced Microeconomic Theory: An Intuitive Approach with Examples. Felix Muñoz-Garcia, The MIT Press. Aug 2017.
- Solutions Manual to accompany Advanced Microeconomic Theory: An Intuitive Approach with Examples (only available to instructors), Félix Muñoz-García, The MIT Press, Aug 2017.
- Game Theory Applications to Environmental Economics. Ana Espínola-Arredondo and Félix Muñoz-García (editors), World Scientific Publishers. Oct 2016.
Research Assistant — Freight Policy Transportation Institute, School of Economic Sciences, WSU
- Data analysis, industry liaison, and report compilation, Aug 2013 – Aug 2017
Research Assistant — Department of Management and Marketing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Survey implementation, data entry, and coordination work, Jul 2005 – Aug 2006
Instructor — School of Economic Sciences, WSU
- EconS 323: Labor Economics (Online), Spring 2019
- EconS 327: International Trade and Finance (Online), Fall 2018, Spring 2019
- EconS 555: Managerial Economics for Decision Making (Online), Fall 2018
Teaching Assistant — School of Economic Sciences, WSU
- EconS 424: Strategy and Game Theory, Spring 2018
- EconS 503: Microeconomic Theory II, Spring 2018
- EconS 501: Microeconomic Theory I, Fall 2017
Teaching Assistant — Faculty of Business, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- GEC2905: Economics Today, Spring 2012
- MM2711: Introduction to Marketing, Spring 2012
- FB1003: Freshman Seminar, Fall 2011 – Spring 2013
- “Conservation Procurement Auctions with Bidirectional Externalities.”
– Workshop in Environmental and Resource Economics in Memory of Pierre Lasserre, Université du Québec à Montréal, Montréal, Canada, Oct 2017 (by co-author)
– the 1st Catalan Economic Society Conference. Barcelona, Spain, Mar 2017 (by co-author)
– School of Economics, University of Barcelona. Barcelona, Spain, Apr 2017 (by co-author)
– the 91st Annual Conference of the Western Economic Association International. Portland, OR, Jul 2016
- “Optimal Monitoring in Procurement Auctions.”
– the 2018 Annual Meeting of Western Agricultural Economics Association. Anchorage, AK, Jun 2018
– the 87th Annual Meeting of the Southern Economic Association. Tampa, FL, Nov 2017
– the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Economics Association. Cincinnati, OH, Mar 2017
- “Is More, Better? An Analysis of Multiple Evidence-based Treatment Interventions on Recidivism.”
– Omicron Delta Epsilon Graduate Student Session of the 2018 Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association. Philadelphia, PA, Jan 2018
– Poster Session of the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Agricultural and Applied Economics Association. Chicago, IL, Aug 2017
– the 54th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences. Kansas City, MO, Mar 2017
- “Mergers between Green and Brown Firms.”
– the 2019 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Economics Association. St. Louis, MO, Mar 2019
- “Do Dangerous Groups Need More Treatments?”
– the 41st Annual Meeting of the American Society of Criminology. Philadelphia, PA, Nov 2017
- the 2019 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Economics Association. St. Louis, MO, Mar 2019
- The 2018 Annual Meeting of American Economic Association. Philadelphia, PA, Jan 2018
- The 87th Annual Meeting of the Southern Economic Association. Tampa, FL, Nov 2017
- Energy Economics, Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade
Scholarships and Awards
- Graduate Paper Competition Award, Western Agricultural Economics Association, Jun 2018
- ASSA Graduate Student Session Award, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Jan 2018
- School of Economic Sciences Excellence in Research Award, WSU, Oct 2017
- Jeffery Krautkraemer “Pay It Forward” Scholarship, WSU, Oct 2016
- Adrienne Ohler and Joshua Berning School of Economic Sciences Class of 2007 – 2009 Award, WSU, Jun 2016
- James C. Nelson Distinguished Graduate Fellowship in Transportation Economics, WSU, Oct 2013
- Leadership Training Scholarship, HKUST, Aug 2006
- University Scholarship, HKUST, Dec 2004
- Treasurer, Graduate Students Association, School of Economic Sciences, WSU, Aug 2016 – May 2018
- Deacon, Grace and Glory Church, Pullman, WA, Aug 2015 – Aug 2017
- Environmental Ambassador, HKUST, Sep 2006 – Apr 2007
- Student Ambassador, HKUST, Jun 2005 – Apr 2007
- Félix Muñoz-García (Dissertation Chair), Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164-6210, email@example.com
- Ana Espínola-Arredondo (Dissertation Co-Chair), Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164-6210, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jill McCluskey (Committee Member), Distinguished Professor of Sustainability and Associate Director, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99164-6210, email@example.com
- Mark Gibson (Teaching Supervisor), Clinical Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99164-6210, firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Economic Sciences
Washington State University
Hulbert Hall 207E
Pullman, WA 99164-6210