- Ph.D. in Economics, Washington State University, Expected May 2018
- M.S. in Economics, Washington State University, 2014
- Thesis Title “Education Aid and School Enrollment in Developing Countries“
- Advisor: Philip Wandschneider
- B.S. in Economics, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Pakistan
Fields of Interest
- Applied Econometrics
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Health and Development Economics
- Economics of Infectious Diseases (East Coast Fever, Antimicrobial Resistance)
- Ahmed, H., Call, D.R., Quinlan, R.J., and J. Yoder. (2018) “Relationships between livestock grazing practices, disease risk, and antimicrobial use among East African Agropastoralists.” Environment and Development Economics 23(1): 80-97.
- Ahmed, H., and Cowan, B.W. “Mobile Money and Healthcare Use: Evidence from East Africa“
- Ahmed, H. and Delmond, A. “Can Free-Riding be Beneficial? Optimal Antimicrobial Use under Free-Riding and Resistance Externalities.” (Under Review)
- Ahmed, H., Davis, A., de Glanville, W., Cleaveland, S., Kibona, T., and J.K. Yoder. “Risk Management, Disease Losses and Herd Accumulation in Livestock-dependent Households of Northern Tanzania” (Under Review)
Work in Progress
- Ahmed, H., Cowan, B.W., and Yoder, J. “Tick Control Technology and Off-Farm Labor Supply in Rural Kenya.”
- Ahmed, H., and P.R. Wandschneider. “Enrollment Rates, Gender Gap and the Role of Education Aid”.
Instructor — Washington State University
- EconS 101 – Fundamentals of Microeconomics (Summer, Fall 2016 and Spring 2017)
Teaching Assistant — Washington State University
- EconS 301 – Intermediate Microeconomics Theory with Calculus with Robert Rosenman (Spring 2015, 2016)
- Responsible for developing parts of the homework assignments and exams.
- Responsible for weekly recitations.
- Dr. Jonathan K. Yoder on Social, Environmental and Economic Drivers of Zoonosis in Tanzania – Summer 2017 – Present.
- Dr. Robert Rosenman – Developed resources for EconS 301 – Intermediate Microeconomics Theory with Calculus – Summer 2015.
- 91st WEAI Conference, 2016
“Enrollment Rates, Gender Gap and the Role of Education Aid” in session on Education, Race and Gender. Portland, OR.
- “Tick Control Technology and Off-Farm Labor Supply in Rural Kenya” presentation at Washington State University, School of Economic Sciences Seminar Series, September 15, 2017.
- “Risk Management, Disease Losses and Herd Accumulation in Livestock-dependent Households of East Africa” in One-Heath Conference, University of Saskatchewan, 22-25 June 2018 (expected).
- Statistical Softwares
- Working knowledge of Gauss
- Working knowledge of Mathematica
- Word Processing
- Scientific WorkPlace
Scholarships and Awards
- Arnold and Julia Greenwell Memorial Scholarship for Social Sciences – 2017
- WSU Class of 07-09 Scholarship – 2016
- Fulbright Fellow for Masters in Economics, 2013-2014.
- Book Review: Advanced Microeconomic Theory: An Intuitive Approach with Examples, Felix Munoz-Garcia, MIT Press, 2017.
- Secretary Graduate Student Association, School of Economic Sciences, WSU 2017.
- President, Pakistan Student Association, WSU 2016.
- Benjamin W. Cowan (Advisor), Assistant Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan K. Yoder, Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99163, email@example.com
- Philip R. Wandschneider, Professor Emeritus, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99163, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thomas L. Marsh, Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99163, email@example.com
- Robert Rosenman (Teaching Reference), Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99163, firstname.lastname@example.org
119 Hulbert Hall
School of Economic Sciences
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6210