- Ph.D. in Economics, Washington State University, WA May. 2017 (Expected)
Co-Advisors: C. Richard Shumway and Benjamin W. Cowan
- Dissertation: Economics of Technological Change and Induced Innovation
- Passed All Three Ph.D. Qualifying Exams with Distinction
- M.S. in Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 2012
- B.A. in Economics, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea 2005
Fields of Interest
- Applied Microeconomics, Applied Econometrics, Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, Agricultural Economics, Production Economics
- Richard Shumway, Benjamin W. Cowan, and Daegoon Lee. 2015. “Testing the Induced Innovation Hypothesis: Accounting for Innovation Creation and Innovation Implementation Incentives” AgBioForum, 18(3):303-311.
- Cowan, Benjamin W., Daegoon. Lee and C. Richard Shumway. 2015. “The Induced Innovation Hypothesis and U.S. Public Agricultural Research.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 97(3): 727-742 (senior authorship equally shared).
- Lee, Daegoon, Seonghoon Cho, Roland K. Roberts, and Dayton M. Lambert. 2014. “Effects of Population Redistribution on Greenhouse Gas Emissions: A Case Study of South Korea.” International Regional Science Review, 1-26.
- Cho, Seonghoon, Heeho Kim, Roland K. Roberts, Taeyoung Kim, and Daegoon Lee. 2014. “Effects of Changes in Forestland Ownership on Deforestation and Urbanization and the Resulting Effects on Greenhouse Gas Emissions.” Forest Economics 20(1): 93-109.
- Cho, Seonghoon, T. Edward Yu, Seung Gyu Kim, Roland K. Roberts and Daegoon Lee. 2012. “Applying Directed Acyclic Graphs to Assist Specification of a Hedonic Model” Housing Studies 27(7): 984-1007
Manuscripts in Review
- “Impacts of Highway Infrastructure Investment Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” with Cho, S., D.M. Lambert, and R.K. Roland. Revised and Resubmitted
- “Non-Neutral Marginal Innovation Costs, Omitted Variables, and Induced Innovation” with Cowan, B.W., and C.R. Shumway.
- “When Induced Innovation Augments and Saves Less Expensive Inputs” with Shumway, C.R., and B.W. Cowan.
Work in Progress
- “Adjustment Costs and Induced Innovation”
- “Spillover Effects on Productivity Growth in U.S. Agriculture”
- 2016 WAEA award for Outstanding Research. 2016 WAEA & CAES Joint Meeting, Victoria, BC, Canada (Jun. 2016)
- SES Competitive Fifth Year Funding. WSU School of Economic Sciences (May. 2016)
- Graduate and Professional Students Association Travel Grant, Washington State University (Sep. 2015)
- Arnold and Julia Greenwell Memorial Scholarship (Feb. 2015)
- Richard and Janet L. Shumway Graduate Fellowship (Oct. 2014)
- 1st Place in 2013 Graduate Poster Competition, WSU School of Economic Sciences (Mar. 2013)
Presentations and Posters
- Lee, D., B.W. Cowan, and C.R. Shumway. “Non-Neutral Marginal Research Costs and Induced Innovation” Poster, Presented at the American Agricultural Economics Association, San Francisco, CA, July 2015
- Lee, D., B.W. Cowan, and C.R. Shumway. “Non-Neutral Marginal Research Costs and Induced Innovation” Poster, Presented at 2015 Wiley Exposition, WSU, February 2015
- Lee, D., S. Cho, R.K. Roberts, and D.M. Lambert. “Effects of Population Redistribution on Greenhouse Gas Emissions A Case Study of South Korea” Poster, Presented at 2013 Poster Competition, School of Economic Science WSU, March 2013
- Lee, D., S. Cho, R.K. Roberts, and D.M. Lambert. “Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Creating Green Jobs” Poster, Presented at the American Agricultural Economics Association, Seattle, WA, August 2012
- Cho, S., H. Kim, R.K. Roberts, S. Kim, and D. Lee “Effects of Forestland Owner- ship Conversion on Greenhouse Gas Emissions: The Case of South Korea” Paper, Presented at the American Agricultural Economics Association, Pittsburgh, PA, July 2011
- Labor Economics, WSU (Pullman, WA) – Instructor: Benjamin W. Cowan (Fall 2016)
- Econometrics III, WSU (Pullman, WA) – Instructor: Benjamin W. Cowan (Spring 2016)
- Economics of the Global Food and Fiber System, UT (Knoxville, TN) – Instructor: Melissa Yeast (Spring 2011)
- Dr. C. Richard Shumway, WSU (Pullman, WA) Fall 2012 – Summer 2016
- Dr. Seonghoon Cho, UT (Knoxville, TN) Fall 2010 – Summer 2012
- Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy
- Advanced Microeconomic Theory: An Intuitive Approach with Examples, Felix Munoz-Garcia, The MIT Press, Forthcoming
- Vice President, SES Graduate Student Association, 2015 – 2016 School Year
- Naval Officer, Rep. of Korea Navy, Aug. 2005 – Jun. 2008.
- C. Richard Shumway (Co-Advisor), Regents Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benjamin W. Cowan (Co-Advisor), Assistant Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164. email@example.com
- Thomas L. Marsh, Distinguished Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164. firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Economic Sciences
Washington State University
Hulbert Hall 317
Pullman, WA 99164-6210
Phone: (509) 332-9337
Fax: (509) 335-1173