Washington State University (WSU), Pullman, WA, August 2015-Present
- Ph.D. in Economics, expected Spring 2021.
- Advisor: Dr. Ana Espínola-Arredondo
- Committee Members: Dr. Félix Muñoz-García and Dr. Shanthi Manian
- Fields of Study: Environmental & Natural Resource Economics and Agricultural Economics
- M.S. in Applied Economics.
Eastern Washington University (EWU), Cheney, WA, January 2013-June 2015
- B.A. in Economics with Mathematics, Spanish Minor.
Sierra College, Rocklin, CA, August 2011-December 2012
- A.S. in Social and Behavioral Science.
- Primary: Environmental & Natural Resource Economics, Environmental Justice, Political Economy
- Secondary: Health Economics, Industrial Organization
- “Association between Medicare’s mandatory Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program and cost inefficiency,” with Germán M. Izón. Applied Health Economics and Health Policy. Vol. 16 No. 1 (2018). 79-90.
- “Cost inefficiency under financial strain: A stochastic frontier analysis of hospitals in Washington State through the Great Recession,” with Germán M. Izón. Health Care Management Science. Vol. 20 No. 2 (2017). 232-245.
- “A stochastic frontier analysis of California safety-net hospital cost inefficiency through the Great Recession,” with Germán M. Izón. Journal of Health Care Finance. Vol. 42 No. 2 (2015). 1-21.
Working Papers and Research in Progress
- “Game-theoretic analysis of US settlement allowing for coercion and activism,” with Ana Espínola-Arredondo
- “Facing fungicide resistance in grape production: A game theoretic approach,” with Ana Espínola-Arredondo
Conferences and Workshops
- Accepted to present at the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists at the Southern Economic Association (AERE-SEA), November 2020
- Accepted to present at the Agricultural and Applied Economic Association (AAEA) Annual Meeting, July 2020
- Accepted to the Western Economic Association International (WEAI) Graduate Student Workshop, June 2020
- Presented for the Western Social Science Association (WSSA) Virtual Conference, June 2020
- Presented at the Fungicide Resistance Assessment, Mitigation, and Extension (FRAME) Network Annual Meeting, March 2020
- Graduate Research Assistant for Dr. Ana Espínola-Arredondo, January 2019-Present
- Graduate Research Assistant for Dr. Joe Cook, August 2017-May 2018
- Undergraduate Research Assistant for Dr. Germán M. Izón, March 2015-August 2015
- Lead Instructor, Managing the Global Environment (EconS 430, undergraduate and Master’s-level), Summer 2020
- Evaluations Forthcoming
- Lead Instructor, Managing the Global Environment (EconS 430, undergraduate and Master’s-level), Summer 2019
- Co-Instructor/Teaching Assistant for Dr. Shanthi Manian, Economic Development (EconS 427, undergraduate and Master’s-level), Fall 2018
- Online Instructor, Economics for Managers (EconS 404, undergraduate and Master’s-level), Summer 2018
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Alejandro Prera (EconS 101, undergraduate), August 2016-May 2017
- Teaching Assistant for Dr. Germán M. Izón (several undergraduate courses), September 2014-June 2015
- Graduate Assistant, worked for WSU Graduate School on the NSF-funded Pacific Northwest Circle of Success: Mentoring Opportunities in STEM, August 2015-May 2016
- EWU Program Leading to University Success (PLUS) Groups Facilitator for Economics, April 2014-June 2014
- Vice President for the School of Economic Sciences Graduate Student Association, August 2019-Present
- WSU Graduate and Professional Student Association Senator, August 2018-April 2019
- WSU Academic Affairs Committee Member September 2018-April 2019
Scholarships and Awards
- Selected to participate in the WEAI Graduate Student Workshop 2020
- EWU Board of Trustees Scholarship
- EWU Frances B. Huston Award recipient
- EWU Aretas & Kittiemae Dayton Scholarship recipient
- Computer: Microsoft Office, LaTeX, STATA, R, Python, Mathematica
- Languages: English (native), Spanish (basic)
- Ana Espínola-Arredondo, Ph.D. (Advisor) Full Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99164, email@example.com
- Félix Muñoz-García, Ph.D. (Committee Member) Full Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99164, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shanthi Manian, Ph.D. (Committee Member) Assistant Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, WA 99164, email@example.com
- Germán M. Izón, Ph.D. (Undergraduate Advisor) Associate Professor, Economics Department, Eastern Washington University, WA 99004, firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail: Chelsea A. Pardini
323E Hulbert Hall
School of Economic Sciences
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6210