- Ph.D., Economics, Washington State University, May 2019 (Expected)
- MS in Statistics, Washington State University, Fall 2018 (Expected)
- Advisor: Dr. Nairanjana Dasgupta
- Capstone: Multiple Comparison Inference with Correlated Random Variables
- Selected Courses: Statistical Computing, Time series, Analysis of Variance of Designed Experiments
- MS in Applied Economics, Washington State University, May 2015
- BS in Agricultural Economics (With Honors), University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin Dec 2008
- Primary: Applied Econometrics, Health Economics, Applied Microeconomics, Development Economics, Natural Resources Economics
- Secondary: Public Economics, Financial Economics, Industrial Organization & Game Theory.
- Parental Income Gradient on Children’s Health: Observational Study on Infectious Diseases (Job Market Paper)
- Bayesian Welfare Analysis of Animal Diseases Outbreaks, with Marsh, T.L & Pendell D.L.
- Human Health Investment and Learning by Fighting Diseases, with Gibson, J.M.
- The Community Reinvestment Act, Merger & Acquisitions in the US Banking Industry, with Sabasi, D.
- Religion and Innovation: A Pattern explained, with Osiri, K. & Stein, R.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Predicting the Rural Household Saving in Kenya: A Machine Learning Approach, with Lawani, A.
- Human Health Investment in the Livestock-Dependent Households
- Mortality, Healthcare Expenditures and Sugar Consumption in Africa.
- Mobilisation des Recettes Fiscales dans l’UEMOA: L’obstacle de l’Informel, le Levier du Mobile-Money. l’Afrique des Idees (ADI) think tank in partnership with Orange France (in French), 2017, with Houngbonon, G.V., Ananou F.S. & Gandzion, O.
- Renewable Energies in Africa: Potential, Investments and De-Risking. ADI, 2017, with Dato, P. & Mebodo, I.
- Mobile Layaway and Rent-to-Own: Bringing an Innovative Savings Solution to the Rural Poor for Small-Scale Irrigation Pump Purchases. Funded by USAID and Co-investigated by WSU and Kickstart International, 2016, with Young D.L., Byers T.E., Wu, D., Laferriere, T., Kirui, P., Gitau, T., Mueni, J., & Wanyonyi, A.
- Benin Youth Assessment Report. Education Development Center, Washington DC, 2011, Team Member
- Integrating Meteorological and Indigenous Knowledge-Based Seasonal Climate Forecasts for the Agricultural Sector. International Development Research Centre (IDRC), Canada, 2010, contributing author
- Annual Conference of Agricultural & Applied Economics Association, Washington DC, August 2018 ”Welfare Analysis of Animal Disease Outbreaks”
- Econometric Society Conference-Africa Section, Cotonou, Benin, July 2018, Selected paper: ”Predicting the Rural Household Saving in Kenya: A Machine Learning Approach
- 52th Pacific North Regional Economics Conference, Tacoma, WA, May 2018 ”The Community Reinvestment Act and Merge & Acquisitions in Banking Industry in the US”
- Annual Conference of Agricultural & Applied Economics Association, Chicago, IL, August 2017 ”Parental Income- Child Health Gradient: Observational Study in Kenya
- 51th Pacific North Regional Economics Conference, Bend, OR, May 2017 ”Parental Income- Child Health Gradient: Observational Study in Kenya
- School of Economic Sciences Seminar, Washington State University, March 2017 ”Parental Income- Child Health Gradient: Observational Study in Kenya
- 91th Western Economic International Association, Portland, OR, May 2016 Human Health and Livestock Capital Investment in the Livestock-Dependent Households
Research Assistant — Washington State University
- Prof Thomas L. Marsh, Fall 2014- Present
- Prof Doug Young, Fall 2013- Fall 2014
Instructor — Washington State University
- Fundamentals of Macroeconomics, Summer 2017, Online class
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
- Director of Publications, L’AFRIQUE DES IDEES. Jan 2018-Present
- Chief Research Officer, L’AFRIQUE DES IDEES. Jan-Dec 2017
- Assistant to the Deputy Coordinator, UNION FAIT LA NATION. June 2010-June 2011
- Long Term Consultant, GERMANY COOPERATION AGENCY. Sep 2011-June 2013
- Coordinator of World Cashew Conference, AFRICAN CASHEW ALLIANCE. Jan 2012-Sep 2012
- National Secretary, AFRICAN CASHEW ALLIANCE. Jan 2010-Sep 2012
- Managing Director, VALLEY FARM. Jan 2009-Jan 2010
SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARDS
- Graduate Assistantship, Washington State University, Fall 2014-Present
- Student Scholarship, Pharmaceutical Companies’ Software Group Users (PharmaSUG), Spring 2018.
- Carole and Monte Marti Scholarship, Washington State University 2016 & 2017
- Fulbright Scholarship, US Department of State, 2013-2015
- Paul Harris Fellowship, Rotary International, 2013
- National Merit Scholarship, Government of Benin, Fall 2003-Fall 2008
- Book review for Springer-Verlag: “Strategy and Game Theory: Practice Exercises with Answers”, Felix Munoz-Garcia & Daniel Toro, Springer-Verlag, 2016
- Book review for MIT Press: “Advanced Microeconomic Theory: An Intuitive Approach with Examples”, Felix Munoz-Garcia, MIT Press, 2016 Workbook to accompany
- Book review for MIT Press: “Workbook to accompany Advanced Microeconomic Theory: An Intuitive Approach with Examples”, Felix Munoz-Garcia, MIT Press, 2016
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Advisor, Newman Catholic Association, Washington State University. April 2018-Present
- Volunteer, Center for Cancer Treatment of Cotonou, Benin Jul 2017-Jan 2018
- Founding Member, African Energy Research Consortium. 2017-Present
- Senator, Graduate and Professional Students Association, Washington State University. 2014-2015
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, 2013-2014
- Local President, Junior Chamber International, Benin. 2012-2013
- Chair of Electoral Commission, National Federation of Students, Benin. 2005-2006.
- Econometric Society
- Western Economic Association International
- Agricultural and Applied Economics Association
- Fulbright Alumni
- Global Business Roundtable
- Computer Skills
- Quantitative & Statistical Tools: SAS ETS, SAS Macro, STATA, R, VBA, MATLAB, PYTHON, C++ (Beginner), ADePT Health (World Bank)
- Mathematical Programming & Economic Modeling: GAMS
- Data Query: SQL, SQLite
- Data Visualization: R, Tableau (Intermediate)
- Text Processing: LATEX
- Languages: English (Fluent), French (Native), Weme (Native)
- Certificates: Stakeholders Dialogue, and Conflict Management Certificate, Valuelinks and Agricultural Value Chain Certificate.
- Dr. Thomas L. Marsh (Co-Advisor), Distinguished Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Hulbert Hall 203H, Pullman, WA 99164-6210 USA +1(530)335-8597, email@example.com
- Dr. Bidisha Mandal (Co-Advisor), Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Hulbert Hall 103F, Pullman, WA 99164-6210 USA +1(509)3357553, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Richard Iles, Assistant Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Hulbert Hall 203G Pullman, WA 99164-6210 USA +1(509) 335-2865, email@example.com
- Dr. Mark Gibson, Clinical Associate Professor, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Hulbert Hall 203K Pullman, WA 99164-6210 USA, +1(509) 335-7641, firstname.lastname@example.org
215 Hulbert Hall
School of Economic Sciences
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6210