- Ph.D. in Economics, Washington State University, expected 2025
- Advisors: Dr. Thomas L. Marsh, Dr. Jeffrey Luckstead, Dr. Wesley Blundell, Dr. Ana Espinola-Arredondo
- Dissertation: Econometrics
- B.S. in Economics (summa cum laude), Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, 2014
- M.Sc. in Economics, University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), 2017
- M.A. in Economics, University of New Hampshire (UNH), 2020
- Primary: Econometrics
- Secondary: International trade
- Exchange Rate Forecast Futility for the Taka. Barai, D., Fullerton Jr, T. M., & Walke, A. G. (2018). Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance. Eurasian Publications, 6(2), 1-7.
- Nominal Exchange Rate Dynamics for the Taka. Fullerton, T. M., Barai, D., & Walke, A. G. (2017). Turkish Economic Review, KSP Journals, 4(2), 130-148.
- “Optimal Investment for Transboundary Disease” with Professor Thomas L. Marsh
- “Why are there so many DUCs?” with Professor Thomas L. Marsh
- “DUCs and economic variables: Error Correction approach” with Professor Thomas L. Marsh
- “COVID impact on poultry industry trade” with Professor Thomas L. Marsh
- Research Assistant — School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University (WSU), U.S., Summer 2021
- Lead Instructor — Washington State University
- EconS 428 Global Capitalism Today : Spring 2022
- EconS 305 Microeconomics: Summer 2022
- Teaching assistant
- Washington State University Course: EconS 510 Statistics for Economists
- John Hopkins CTY Course: Probability and Game theory
- Department of Economics, UNH & Department of Economics and Finance, UTEP Courses: Microeconomic Theory, Principles of Economics, Macroeconomic Theory, Managerial Economics, Public Sector Economics. Conducting evening classes, reviewing classes, helping students with assignments, and grading 300 students.
Scholarships, Grants, and Awards
- Travel Grant: AAEA 2022; GPSA WSU (2021)
- Awarded Vice-Chancellor Award at SUST in 2020 for academic excellence
- Awarded Prime Minister Gold Medal in 2018 for academic excellence.
- Allien and Paul C. Davidson Scholarship in Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 for academic excellence.
- UTEP James Foundation Scholarship in Fall 2015 and Spring 2016.
- Awarded University Grant Commission (UGC) Bangladesh scholarship in 2009-2013.
- Poster presentation 2022 at the American Journal of Agricultural Economics
- Poster presentation 2022 at the WSU Research Expo
- Paper presentation 2019 at the University of New Hampshire
- Thesis Paper presentation 2017 at the University of Texas at El Paso
- Programing Language: MATLAB, Python, R
- Data Analysis: STATA, SAS, EViews, Advanced Analysis (Alteryx)
- Database Management System: MS Access
- Others: LaTeX, MS Office, Mathematica
E-mail: Dipanwita Barai
School of Economic Sciences
Washington State University, Pullman, WA
201A Hubert Hall