Syed Badruddoza completed his PhD in Economics with a specialization in applied econometrics and industrial organization. His research at Washington State looks into agribusiness and classifier regression models. He taught microeconomics, macroeconomics, international trade & finance/international business at Washington State University as a lead instructor.
Dr. Badruddoza has joined the Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics at Texas Tech University as a tenure-track Assistant Professor.
- PhD, Economics, Washington State University, 2020
- MS, Statistics, Washington State University, 2020
- MS, Financial Economics, Illinois State University, 2015
- BSS and MSS Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2009
- Fields: Industrial Organization, Econometrics, Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Current research: Retail Market Analysis, Agribusiness, Classifier Regression Models
Lead Instructor (Evaluation median 4.36/5.0)
- EconS 101 Fundamental of Microeconomics, Washington State University, Summer 2017, Spring 2019, Fall 2019
- EconS 102 Fundamental of Macroeconomics, Washington State University, Summer 2018
- EconS 305 Intermediate Microeconomics, Summer 2019, Spring 2020
- EconS 327/IBUS 470 International Trade and Finance/International Business, Washington State University, Fall 2017 (Online), Spring 2018 (Online), Fall 2018
- EconS 594 PhD field course in Industrial Organization Theory, Washington State University, Spring 2018
- ECO 240, Intermediate Microeconomic Theory, Dr. Rajeev Goel, Illinois State University, Spring 2015
- Dr. Michael Brady, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University, Fall 2015-Spring 2017
- Dr. Rati Ram, Department of Economics, Illinois State University, Fall 2014-Summer 2015
- The World Bank, DECRG: Environment and Energy, Washington, D.C., Summer 2016
- The World Bank, DECAR: Agriculture and Rural Development, Washington, D.C., Summer 2014
Other relevant work experiences
- Research Associate, Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development, Bangladesh, 2010-2013
- Research Assistant, Economic Research Group, Bangladesh, 2008-2010
Publications (before PhD)
- Amin, M.D.; S. Badruddoza and R. Rosenman. 2018. `Quality Differentiation under Mixed Competition in Hospital Markets’. Journal of Industry, Competition, and Trade 18(4):473-484.
- Khandker, S.R.; H. Samad and S. Badruddoza. 2017. `Seasonality of Rural Finance’. World Bank Policy Research Working Paper No. 7986, Washington D.C.: World Bank.
- Brady, M.; K. Gallardo, S. Badruddoza, and X. Jiang. 2016. `Regional Equilibrium Wage Rate for Hired Farm Workers in the Tree Fruit Industry’. Western Economics Forum 15(1): 20-31.
- Khalily, M.A.B.; M.A. Khaleque and S. Badruddoza. 2014. `Impact of Regulation on Cost Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions in Bangladesh’ in R. Mersland and O. Strom (eds.), Microfinance Institutions: Financial and Social Performance, Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Khandker, S.R.; G.B. Koolwal and S. Badruddoza. 2013. `How does competition affect the performance of MFIs: Evidence from Bangladesh’. World Bank Policy Research Working Paper No. 6408, Washington D.C.: World Bank.
- Faruqee, R., and S. Badruddoza. 2012. Micronance in Bangladesh: Past, Present and Future (in Bengali). Dhaka: Institute for Inclusive Finance and Development. ISBN: 978-984-33-5738-0.
Website: Syed Badruddoza, Washington State University, Economics, Statistics