- Ph.D. in Economics, Washington State University, expected May 2022
- Advisors: Shanthi Manian, R. Karina Gallardo, and Jill McCluskey
- Dissertation: Essays on Development Economics and Consumer Demand: Evidence from Primary Data
- M.S. in Statistics, Washington State University, expected December 2021
- Advisor: Nairanjana Dasgupta
- M.S. in Agricultural and Resource Economics (Applied Econometrics and Data Analytics Emphasis), University of Arizona, 2017
- Advisors: Tauhidur Rahman, Satheesh Aradhyula
- Dissertation: Household Income Mobility and Dowry: Evidence from India
- M.S. in Economics, Madras School of Economics (Anna University), 2012
- B.A. (Honors) Economics, University of Delhi, 2009
- Primary: Development Economics, Experimental Economics, Consumer demand and novel technologies
- Secondary: Behavioral Economics, Agribusiness, Applied Econometrics
- “Consumers’ Willingness to Pay for Organic, Clean Label, and Processed with a New Food Technology: An Application to Ready Meals“, with R.K. Gallardo. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review. Vol. 24, Issue 3 (2021). 563-579.
- “The contribution of Arizona’s vegetable and melon industry cluster to the state economy“, with Ashley Kerna, Dari Duval, and George Frisvold. University of Arizona Cooperative Extension (2016).
- “Gender Gap in Intergenerational Education Mobility: Evidence from India.”
- “Spousal bargaining: Evidence from India.”
- “Consumer Acceptance of New Plant Breeding Technologies: An Application to the Use of Gene Editing in Fresh Table Grapes.” with R.K. Gallardo, B. Rickard, J.M. Alston, O. Sambucci.
- Uddin, A (2021). “Gender Gap in Intergenerational Education Mobility: Evidence from India.” School of Economic Sciences Seminar Series (Scheduled on November 19, 2021).
- Uddin, A (2021). “Spousal bargaining: Evidence from A Field Experiment in India.” Symposium on Economic Experiments in Developing Countries (SEEDEC) organized virtually by FAIR at the Norwegian School of Economics and the Department of Economics at the Monash Business School (Scheduled on October 7, 2021).
- Uddin, A, R. K. Gallardo, B. Rickard, J Alston & O Sambucci (2021). “Consumer Acceptance of New Plant Breeding Technologies: An Application to the Use of Gene Editing in Fresh Table Grapes.” Co-presenter with R. K. Gallardo, 2021 Michigan State University Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics virtual seminar series on September 30, 2021.
- Uddin, A, R. K. Gallardo, B. Rickard, J Alston & O Sambucci (2021). “Are Consumers Willing to Accept Gene Edited Fruit? An Application to Quality Traits for Fresh Table Grapes.” Agricultural & Applied Economics Association Annual Meeting, Selected Paper Session. Austin, Texas, August 2021.
- Banerjee, S and Uddin, A. 2014. “Microfinance through Islamic Banking to Empower Women.” 6th Islamic Banking, Accounting and Finance Conference held at Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia in September 2014.
- Research Assistant — Washington State University, U.S., August 2018 – May 2021.
- Research Assistant — University of Arizona, U.S., January 2016 – May 2017.
- Lead Instructor — Washington State University
- EconS 101 Fundamentals of Microeconomics, Fall 2021 (online).
- Teaching Assistant — Washington State University
- EconS 305: Intermediate Microeconomics without Calculus, Fall 2017, Spring 2018
- EconS 322: Public Economics, Fall 2017
- EconS 350: Introduction to Farm and Ranch Management, Fall 2017
- EconS 420: Monetary Theory and Policy, Spring 2018.
- Econs 503 (Ph.D. Core Course): Microeconomics II, Spring 2019
- Teaching Assistant — University of Arizona
- AREC 315: Agribusiness Economics & Management, Fall 2015
- AREC 580: Math for Economists, Summer 2016
- Teaching Assistant — Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Managerial Economics, Public Finance, Strategic Behavior and Industrial Organization (Master’s level), 2012-2015
- Advanced Econometrics (Ph.D. level), 2014
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), India, Summer 2011.
- American Economic Association
- Agricultural and Applied Economics Association
Scholarships and Awards
- Graduate Assistantship, WSU School of Economic Sciences, Fall 2017-Present
- Eric Monke Memorial Scholarship Endowment for 2016-17, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, University of Arizona.
- Computer: STATA, R, SAS, Python, LaTex
- Languages: English (Fluent), Assamese (Native), Bengali, Hindi (Fluent)
Ph.D. Economics, Chair: Dr. Shanthi Manian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ph.D. Economics, Committee Member: Dr. R. Karina Gallardo (email@example.com)
Ph.D. Economics, Committee Member: Dr. Jill McCluskey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
M.S. Statistics, Chair: Dr. Nairanjana Dasgupta (email@example.com)
E-mail: Azhar Uddin
103 J Hulbert Hall
School of Economic Sciences
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-6210